Tips from Technicians
Top ten technical tips to making teaching easier
On completion of his Apprenticeship as a School Technician, Owen Burrows has collaborated a list of simple tips from technicians when using IT in schools to make their day more manageable
- When going into a IT room make sure every machine is turned on at the wall- it is surprising how easily a wire can be knocked out.
- Make sure all equipment is suitably charged before using it in a class.
- Make sure all keyboards and mice are plugged in, again little wires can come loose just through being knocked.
- Check the machine is connected to the network/Internet.
- Check sites you want to use in school are unblocked before the lesson.
- Check the apps are installed and working on the iPad’s/ Laptops before the lesson.
- Make sure you turn your computers off when you have finished using them.
- Make sure you have saved your work before turning off your computer.
- You can find you computer name by going to Control Panel\System and Security\System. This is needed when you ring support so we know what machine you are on.
- Don’t leave your laptop charging when it is fully charged – It will eventually ruin the battery.