IT Support Technician
IT Support Technician
Salary: £20,000.00 to £24,000.00 /year
Based from our Bromborough site the role will offer the opportunity to work within an ambitious and ever-growing IT team while making a positive contribution to our customer base of schools and businesses through high level, proactive technical support.
Duties will include dealing with support tickets whilst on customer sites as well as from the central office. This will mean resolving any hardware, software and network issues that occur and the general maintenance of PC’s, laptops and printers, as well as offering strategic advice to senior customer management teams regarding IT direction and purchasing.
Own transport is essential as your role will involve frequent site visits around the North West, both scheduled and for emergency situations.
A leading provider of technical support to the education sector as well as local businesses, based in Bromborough but providing support and consultancy nationally and internationally. An emphasis on professionalism and customer-focus is at the heart of the business, as are high-level communications skills throughout the entire staff.
Essential Skills / Experience:
– Proven experience in dealing with a large user base and a broad range of IT-related issues and the ability to prioritise workload on the fly
– The ability to work effectively both on own initiative and within a team environment
– Good level of ability and competence in regards to technical problem solving both whilst on site under time restrictions, and also when working remotely via telephone or online systems.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a wide range of people. Telephone, email and face to face communications are commonplace in this role, and these skills are therefore essential.
– Proven problem-solving skills, initiative and enthusiasm with a desire to get things done and be able to report fully on this after each site visit.
– The ability to be resourceful in your technical solutions where necessary, providing workarounds where immediate fixes cannot be implemented.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
– Network management, including troubleshooting routers, switches and cable runs
– Server management, including Active Directory, RAID, DHCP and DNS
– Virtual technologies such as Hyper-V
This is an excellent opportunity for an IT technician to further their career in an exciting, fast-paced environment, with a strong team supporting them but plenty of opportunities to use their own initiative and take ownership of allocated customers.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Innovation House, Power Road, Bromborough, Wirral, CH62 3QT, United Kingdom
+44 151 638 6283