Space Balloon Launch
Embark on an extraordinary voyage through a week of awe-inspiring space science and computing activities for primary school students, culminating in a breathtaking finale as we launch a balloon to the vast reaches of space, igniting their imagination and fueling their passion for exploration.
‘Children loved it and were all really engaged!!
WOW PROJECT OVERVIEW
A project that is literally out of this world. The culmination of a week-long project will be a high altitude balloon launch to capture video and scientific data in near space. An amazing example of STEM learning at its best.
WOW PROJECT ACTIVITIES
Your pupils will be involved in:
- Webinar introduction by Dr Steve Croft (Astrophysicist at UC Berkeley USA)
- Flight prediction using algorithms , weather forecasting and Google Earth
- Craft design including slow motion craft testing
- 360 degree filming and Virtual Reality experience
- Arduino Computer coding to put data loggers and sensors into Near Space
- Ping Pong Science – design mini science experiments to send into Near Space
- Tethered launch 50 metres above school for all children in school to experience
- Social Media campaign to engage school and local community
- Post-mission review in school to analyse data, review footage and evaluate experiments
- Footage and photographs provided for school to use on website, social media etc.
The Space Balloon Project covers many different curriculum areas.
WOW PROJECT TESTIMONIALS
‘We’ve used hi-impact for many curriculum enrichment projects including Space Week, Alien Landing and Santa Skype. The staff at hi-impact are innovative, knowledgable, enthusiastic and an absolute joy to work with.
Headteacher, St Paul’s Primary School